The Sainte-Chapelle is a royal chapel in the Gothic style. Construction began sometime after 1238 and the chapel was consecrated on 26 April 1248.
Most of the sculpture of the portals was destroyed during the French Revolution, but between 1855 and 1870 the sculptor Adolphe-Victor Geoffroy-Dechaume was able to able to recreate it, using 18th century descriptions and engravings. One of the major works he recreated was the tympanum over the portal of the upper chapel, with a figure of Christ giving a blessing, with the Virgin Mary and John the Baptist alongside him.
Free Downloads Below
IMG_7948 flickr photo by Fr James Bradley shared under a Creative Commons (BY) license
"IMG_7948" flickr photo by Fr James Bradley https://flickr.com/photos/jamesbradley/35814928633 shared under a Creative Commons (BY) license