Built in 1903/04 according to a design by city architect Otto Richter. Due to building damage, services were discontinued in 1982. The renovated church was re-consecrated in May 1997. The church nave was reduced in size by a partition wall. Today, the Jacobikirche is used for a variety of purposes. The stained glass windows were created by the Schulze & Stokinger stained glass workshop in Leipzig, based on designs by Leipzig Academy Professor Erhard Ludwig Winterstein. Colored glass windows south gallery.
Image by Jörg Blobelt - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0