Please Subscribe or Donate to Help Keep This Site Free!

Like many of the prints in the Jones Collection, this work has a long and distinguished history. After its creation at the turn of the 16th century, it resided in six different collections before it entered the British Museum in 1845. The New York print dealer Frederick P. Keppel later purchased the work from the British Museum as a duplicate impression. The gallery later sold it to Herschel V. Jones in 1916. The print remained with Jones's descendants until it entered the collection of the Minneapolis Institute of Arts as part his bequest in 1928.

Source

Free Downloads Below

Hi-Res

1200px

800px
Image by sdcason.com - CC BY-SA 4.0

Please Subscribe or Donate to Help Keep This Site Free!