The Church of St. Clare, Horodkivka, located in the village of Horodkivka (alternative spelling Gorodkivka), Andrushivka Raion, Zhytomyr region, Ukraine, is a Roman Catholic religious building and an architectural monument of local importance. It was built between 1910 and 1913 on the site of a stone chapel that had been constructed in 1818 by Mr. Michalovsky.
The church is constructed in an eclectic style with Romanesque and Gothic elements, featuring natural stone and fired red brick. It overlooks a small lake in the southwestern part of Horodok, near the road leading to Berdichev, on the low bank of the river Lebedivka.
The initiator of the construction was Polish writer-memoirist Efstafy Ivanovsky (also known as Hellenius), who was born in the village on 17 January 1813 and lived there for almost all his life. He wanted to build a church in honor of his patron saint, St. Clare. The construction was funded by his heirs Anna and Romuald Zmigrodzky.
In 1935 under the communist government in Soviet Ukraine, the Khalaimgorod parish ceased to exist and the church was used as a village club. They removed the bells from the bell tower, and during World War II it was restored under Father Joseph Kozinsky for religious worship.
Image By Rbrechko - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0