Built in 1903 at the corner of Mills Avenue and Carter Avenue, the former St. Elizabeth Catholic Church was designed by an unknown architect in the Romanesque Revival-Byzantine Revival style. The building replaced a combination parochial school and church building that was constructed in 1887 to the rear of the present structure to serve the growing population on the west side of Norwood. The building features extensive Renaissance Revival details, rusticated limestone, three rose windows, two prominent bell towers, and a copper-clad dome over the crossing between the nave, chancel, and transepts.
In the rear, a two-and-a-half-story classroom building was constructed along Lincoln Avenue in the early 20th Century out of buff brick to provide additional space for the St. Elizabeth Parochial School, located to the rear of the building along Carter Avenue. The church closed in 1994 and the congregation was merged with the nearby Immaculate Conception and Holy Trinity parishes, located in the northern and eastern sections of Norwood, respectively.
In 1995, the church was bought by the Vineyard Central Church, which continues to occupy the building. Constructed in the early 20th Century of buff brick in the Classical Revival style, the structure adjacent to the old St. Elizabeth Church served as the rectory for the parish until it ceased operations due to declining attendance in 1994. The building has since been converted into a private residence.